Friday, April 13, 2012

Yours Truly on the Everyday Heroes Festival Website :)

Hello everyone,
Today is the first day of the Everyday Heroes Festival! The Everyday Heroes Festival is a film festival/contest which young people can enter to have their videos shown in malls and bus stops across Canada.
And great news: My video, "Think Before You Drink", was selected as one of the finalists! So, from April 13-22, you can vote for my video online. Go on-- please give me a 5 star vote now: http://www.everydayheroesfestival.com/films/think-you-drink.
Although submissions are no longer being accepted for this year, you can always get filming for next year's contest. The entries will probably be due at the beginning of March 2013 (if the world doesn't end this December!). It took me quite a while to film mine with my aunt. I think we started filming in December 2011, actually. Anyway, it is a great way to make a statement for environmental awareness.
So that my post isn't completely consumed by personal celebration, I'll also give you a list of other environment-related contests that you can enter:
Other contests that aren't strictly environment-related but that you can enter to help raise awareness for the environment:
I'll put more here if I learn of any!

1 comment:

  1. What a super video to raise eco-awareness. Well done Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete