Friday, February 11, 2011

How to Eliminate Toxins at Home

What to do:
1) Keep toxin-eliminating plants in your house, such as Spider Plants, Gerbera Daisies, Peace Lilies, Chrysanthemums, and Philodendrons. They also add oxygen to the air and look nice. (If you know me, I might be able to give you a clipping of my Spider Plants when they grow bigger.)
2) Concoct your own potions... cleaning potions, that is. It's what us witches and wizards do all the time, but muggles can do it too! ;) Just mix together one part vinegar and one part water, and that's all you need to wash the bathroom sink!

What NOT to do:
DON'T: 1) Buy lots of stuff at the mall. Many objects produced by industry, like jewelery and crayons, for example, actally contain toxins! Instead, try to make your own things as much as possible. This can be fun-- candle making, jewelery making, etc. Just remember to make the beads as well!
OR 2) Eat butane. Did that make you laugh? But no, it's true. I was checking the ingredients of my All-Vegetable Shortening and there was an ingredient called TBHQ in it. I looked it up and it turns out that TBHQ is a toxic carcinogen. And it is a form of butane. EEK! And in a non-stick cooking spray, I found Propellants Isobutane and Propane-- in the ingredients list!

Keep your home toxin-free and you'll be looking up to a safer, greener future.

No comments:

Post a Comment