Friday, April 1, 2011

Read... the eco-friendly way

I like reading, and I will let nothing get in the way of me and a good book! However, I always make sure I read... the eco-friendly way. There are many options nowadays for doing this.
1) Borrow library books
2) Download books onto your e-reader (if you have one!)
3) Many people like to actually own and hold their books. So, buy second-hand books.
4) Attend a book swap, or hold your own. You can go to a book swap with the Ottawa Women's Book Club, for example.

Want to go a step higher? Here are some books to read... the eco-friendly way.
1) The Little Green Handbook by Ruth Cullen: Practical tips for everyday living, divided into very short "chapters".
2) Green Career$ by Jennifer Power Scott: A guide for teenagers on how to "make money and save the planet"!
3) 250 Things you can do to Green the World by CosmoGirl: For teen girls. Similar to The Little Green Handbook and my blog.
4) Eco-friendly Families by Helen Coronato: How to raise a family the eco-friendly way.
Of course, this is only a sampling of what's out there. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment